NO YOLKS® One Pot Cheesy Taco Noodles
- Product: NO YOLKS® Extra Broad noodles
- Prep. 30 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
A delicious twist on taco night, this hearty noodle toss can be garnished to taste with your favourite Tex Mex fixings.
4 cups (1 L) NO YOLKS® Extra Broad Noodles (about 1/2 package)
1/2 lb (250 g) extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
1 pouch (35 g) sodium-reduced taco seasoning
2 cups (500 mL) canned crushed tomatoes
2 cups (500 mL) shredded Tex Mex cheese blend
Taco garnishes such as crumbled tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded lettuce, green onion and diced tomatoes (optional)
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Return the pot to the burner and set over medium heat. Add the beef and onion. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat until browned. Stir in the seasoning and tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the noodles and cheese into with the beef mixture until gooey. Spoon into bowls and garnish to taste.
- Replace the Extra Broad Noodles with NO YOLKS® Broad or Dumpling Noodles.
- Replace the ground beef with lean ground turkey or chicken.