NO YOLKS® Quick Curried Tuna Supper
- Product: NO YOLKS® Broad noodles
- Prep. 20 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
Tuna and noodles get a face-lift in this Indian inspired one pot meal. It's a great way to introduce a new flavour to your family's weeknight dinner repertoire.
4 cups (1 L) NO YOLKS® Broad Noodles
3 cups (750 mL) small cauliflower florets (fresh or thawed if frozen)
1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
4 tsp (20 mL) mild Indian curry paste or powder
3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper
2 cans (170 g each) flaked light tuna
1 cup (250 mL) thick plain yogurt
1 tomato, diced
1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh coriander or green onions (optional)
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the cauliflower after 6 minutes; add the peas just before draining. Reserve in the strainer.
- Meanwhile, set the pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion with the curry paste, salt and pepper until softened. Stir in the tuna, yogurt, tomato and mayonnaise until combined.
- Add the noodles, cauliflower and peas. Cook, stirring, until warmed through. Remove from heat and stir in the coriander (if using).
- Replace the Broad Noodles with NO YOLKS® Extra Broad or Dumpling Noodles.
- For extra zip, serve this quick curry with prepared mango chutney, found in the Indian section of the supermarket along with the curry paste.